STC – Terms
SolveTech Support Total Care Plan – Terms & Conditions
Service hours & unlimited support:
Whilst every effort will be made to respond to questions and support requests as soon as possible, during busy periods there may be slight delays. Unlimited support means that you can make as many support requests as you need, during normal working hours. Normal working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. It will sometimes be possible to answer your requests outside normal hours, but that will be at the discretion of SolveTech Support Computer Services.
What is covered:
The plan aims to reduce your ongoing computer support costs; it does not cover the cost of any parts, software, manuals, materials or other disbursements which may be necessary or requested by the customer.
- SolveTech Support agrees to provide the Support Plan Services to the customer in respect of the Windows or Apple based equipment on the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
- SolveTech Support shall provide preventative Support Plan Services during the service hours at intervals necessary to keep the covered equipment in good working condition.
- After the signing of this agreement, in exchange for the payment of the Support Plan charge, SolveTech Support will perform the following Support Plan Services:
- Unlimited telephone support
- Unlimited remote support
- Unlimited email support
- At home support during service hours at a reduced cost
- Annual health check consisting of at least:
Installing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office security patches and stability updates
Antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-malware program updates
Scan for any viruses, adware or spyware and remove them if found
Delete any temporary files, cookies, cache, recycle bin files that the computer accumulates
Delete emails in the “Junk Folder” of the primary email application
Delete oldest emails from the “Deleted Items” folder
Remove unnecessary programs
Prevent unnecessary programs from automatically starting when the computer boots
Listen for possible problems with moving parts in the computer such as fans and hard drives
Clean air vents, fans, keyboard and screen.
- All additional work not listed above shall be performed at SolveTech Support’s sole discretion and at its then-current standard hourly rates. Additional work is subject to other written agreements SolveTech Support may require.
- Health checks will commence on a mutually agreed upon date and time, and will be performed annually.
Your data and files:
Any data backup put in place will be designed to allow for data recovery in the event of a hardware failure. SolveTech Support Computer Services is not liable for the failure of backup systems or the inability to recover data. It is your responsibility to ensure that any backup system continues to be operational. At no time during the recovery or maintenance procedures will SolveTech Support be responsible for data loss, downtime, or loss of business.
All charges are payable monthly, by standing order, on the first of each month. SolveTech Support shall be entitled to adjust the monthly support plan charge by giving the Customer 30 days written notice and will take effect when the next maintenance charge is due.
SolveTech Support may cancel the plan at any time by giving at least 15 days prior written
notice to the customer not earlier than 30 days from the commencement date.
The customer may terminate this agreement immediately at any time provided that they
are responsible for the full amount of all maintenance payments due through to the end of
Either party may terminate this agreement immediately at any time by notice in writing if:
- The other party commits a breach of this agreement and fails to remedy it within a reasonable amount of time; or
- SolveTech Support ceases to continue its business or substantially the whole of its business; or
- The other party is declared insolvent or a liquidator, manager, trustee, receiver or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets.
Warranties and limitation of liability:
- Services provided under this agreement do not guarantee uninterrupted operation of the customers computers, peripherals and network related to regular work.
- SolveTech Support, its directors, employees and/or consultants are not liable for any damage, including loss of business, loss of profits, loss of opportunity or any other indirect or consequential loss of damage whatsoever in connection with SolveTech Support’s performance under this agreement and the customer hereby indemnifies SolveTech Support in respect of the same.
- SolveTech Support has no responsibility for or liability to correct, validate, bring into compliance or make any other remedy, any problem with the programs that is caused in whole, or in part by the improper or inadequate installation by the customer, or any incompatibility of the customers environment, hardware or software with the programs.
EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTY EXPRESSLY MADE BY SolveTech Support COMPUTER SERVICES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, SolveTech Support COMPUTER SERVICES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTIBILITY, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF QUALITY OF ANY COMPUTER PROGRAMS, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AS TO ANY EFFORT MADE TO ACHIEVE A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SolveTech Support COMPUTER SERVICES MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE CLIENT’S COMPUTER SHALL REMAIN FREE OF VIRSUSES OR POTENTIALLY DAMAGING CODE.
- The customer agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify SolveTech Support for any and all claims, causes of action, damages, demands, fine, liabilities, and penalties arising out of the customer’s breach of any warranty made by the customer pursuant to this Agreement. The customer further agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify SolveTech Support for any and all claims, causes of action, damages, demands, fine, liabilities, and penalties arising out of the customer’s negligent or reckless acts or omissions arising out of this Agreement.